Summer Volunteer Opportunity!
Do you enjoy cooking? We are looking for a Summer Cooking Class Assistant in the North York Region!
This summer, we will be offering cooking classes for individuals with intellectual disabilities. Learning how to prepare simple meals can make a positive impact in the daily lives of those living with intellectual disabilities, and can often be the first step to gaining a sense of independence.
As a volunteer for our cooking classes, you don’t need to be a chef or a culinary expert! You simply have to have the passion to help those in who are willing to learn.
Your duties will include:
- Follow along simple recipes and assist individuals as needed
- Showing participants how to chop, peel, dice vegetables
- Stir fry meat
- Show participants how to wash dishes, utensils, etc.
- Clean up
- May be asked to do some online research for simple recipes for our participants
This program takes place from July 31st to August 4th from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Located at the North York Adult Developmental Program, 1122 Finch Ave. W., Unit 8. (Main intersection: Finch and Dufferin)
If you are interested in volunteering as a Summer Cooking Class Assistant, please submit your resume to:
Volunteering throughout the year!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Community Living Toronto – we value the great contributions of our generous volunteers.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Develop new friendships
- Make a difference in the lives of individuals who have an intellectual disability
- Help others discover their strength and talents
- Share your skills and expertise to impact the people we support
- Develop important skills such as team work, collaboration, communication and leadership
- Advocate and help develop long-term policies to drive positive change within our organization
- Learn more about the Developmental Sector
- Gain a rewarding sense of accomplishment
*Community Living Toronto works with a vulnerable population and so, all volunteers are required to obtain a Police Reference Check.
Please explore our volunteer opportunities through this page and sign up for an upcoming orientation session to get started!
Sign up for an upcoming Orientation!
Click on the date to register!
The Difference That Volunteers Make
For additional questions and or clarifications, please contact your Regional Volunteer Coordinator.
Sarah Winter 647 729 1633
North York/Etobicoke Region:
Karla Galvex-Del Rio 647 729 1162
Yulia Prudova 647 729 1209
Monday April 10th was our 37th Annual Volunteer Appreciation Event at the FountaiBlu in the Exhibition Grounds!
We Celebrated our wonderful volunteers and announced the winners of our Volunteer Awards!
Meet Debbie! Our Volunteer of the Year award winner for Scarborough Region!