Joining Community Living Toronto as a member is easy! Simply click on one of the buttons below to be taken to our membership form.
Our members play a critical role in influencing and supporting the priority work of the association. It is important that membership includes all individuals and families who have a vested interest in the work of Community Living Toronto and reflects the diversity of the individuals we support and their families.
Community Living Toronto Members share, support and enable our Vision by giving people with an intellectual disability a voice and supporting their choices where they live, learn, work and play.
As a Member, your support may be expressed in a variety of ways including your time, your voice and/or your financial support through Membership donations.
As a MEMBER you…
- Are part of an Association that works diligently to preserve the dignity and improve the quality of life for people with an intellectual disability.
- Have an opportunity to directly impact the lives of people with an intellectual disability by offering your support advocating and lending your name to our work.
- Will hear how Community Living Toronto is involved in your community.
- Add your name to the thousands of others advocating for the rights of people with an intellectual disability.
- Have the opportunity to become actively involved through Regional Councils, the Board of Directors and other volunteer committees.
- Support the work of the Association through your donations, helping us to open doors for people with an intellectual disability.
- Receive a monthly newsletter to keep you informed of important issue, upcoming events, conferences and symposiums, and how you are making a difference in the community.
- Shape policy by voting on issues at your Regional Membership Meeting and at our Annual General Meeting.
- Donation to Community Living Toronto.
- 18+ years of age.
- Includes all members of the Household.
- Lifetime membership (past presidents).
NON VOTING MEMBERS:
- Current staff (who make a donation).
- Honorary: current and past members of the Patron’s Council and others as bestowed with Board approval.
- Siblings under the age of 18 years in a membership household
- Complimentary: active volunteers and community partners; siblings under the age of 18 years in a membership household.
- Past Board members who complete their six year term (for one term).
- Former staff, with a minimum of 5 years employment (for one term).
- Complimentary (Non-Voting) 1 year memberships are also available for those who are not in a position to make a donation. For information about, contact a Membership Coordinator listed below.
Jim Turner Memorial Award – Nominate A Member
Do you know an outstanding member who volunteers with Community Living Toronto? Nominate them for the Jim Turner Memorial Award!
Contact your local Membership Coordinator
Membership Coordinator – Central
20 Spadina Road
Toronto, Ontario M5R 2S7
Membership Coordinator – North York
1122 Finch Ave. West Unit 18
Toronto, ON M3J 3J5