Doing friendly visitations is an excellent way to volunteer with Community Living Toronto. As a friendly visitor, you will meet one-on-one with the individuals we support for one to two hours weekly (or on a different schedule, as decided). Volunteers provide a personal, continuous one-to-one relationship with the individuals we support through visits over coffee, friendly outings, doing activities, reading, etc. Friendly visits help to build social skills such as communication and friendliness and also help to keep individuals engaged throughout their week.
• Provide support through friendship
• Arrange in advance for a suitable time to visit
• Be punctual and dependable for each visit
• Maintain confidentiality of client information
• Report promptly any problems or concerns to the Coordinator
• Take the client on short outings, as agreed upon by the Coordinator